Bites Ltd. (“Bites”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal data in compliance with applicable laws and General Data Protection Regulation.
This Policy describes how Bites processes your personal data, but it may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Bites may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
The controller of your personal data is Bites Ltd. whose principal office is at 5 Przemyslowa Street, 05-082 Blizne Laszczynskiego, Poland.
This Policy describes which personal data we collect, how we collect it, and for what purposes. This means, among other things, that we describe:
- How we collect and use your personal data
- What legal grounds apply for processing your data
- The personal information we process
- How do we share your personal data
- How do we protect your information
- What are the retention periods
- How to access and control your personal data
- Children’s personal data
- International transfers of your personal data
- Cookies – what are cookies and how we use it
- Contact and company details
1. How we collect and use personal data
Personal data means any data that, either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person. You directly provide us with such data when you use our website, services or interact with us.
When you accept your talent profile at our director’s database, subscribe to newsletter, contact with us, we will ask you for some personal information about you. The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- to communicate with you in a personal way;
- to respond to your recommendation request or to send you your director’s list;
- to keep you up to date about our developments and achievements, by means of our newsletter;
- to perform market research to understand your needs and improve our business;
- to let you use our platform in a business to business way;
- to keep your talent profile in our director’s database;
- to comply with legal obligations.
We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our website. For example, we may use technologies like cookies (placed by Bites or third parties) or receive use data from software running on your device. You will find details about cookies in section 10.
Bites may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. We collect Non-PII such as statistical data, (numbers of visits on our website), to understand how users use our website, so that we can improve our services.
2. What legal grounds apply for processing your data
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The corresponding legal grounds for the processing of personal information for the above purposes are:
- Your consent to process your personal information (for example if you have subscribed to our newsletter or agreed to join our director’s database);
- Processing is necessary for other legitimate interests pursued by us (such as processing IP-addresses in order to prevent, detect and/or respond to abuse of our website; responding to your recommendation request);
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
3. The personal information we process
By using our website, you leave certain data with us or our service providers, which may include personal data. We only store and use personal data that are provided directly by you or which are clearly provided to us for processing purposes as mentioned above or as mentioned when you provide us with personal data. We will not use the personal data for any other purposes unless you have given your prior consent. The following categories of data including personal data can be processed by us.
Subscribers: When you subscribe to our newsletter, we request the data below.
- Email address
Directors: When you join Directors database, we request the data below.
This list includes mandatory data which we request from you, and optional data that you can provide us with for the promotion of your services.
- Email address
- Phone number
- Website or portfolio link, if you have one
- Representation info
- Text describing your bio/speciality
Personal data of a user of Recommendations form: when you choose to contact us to get recommendations about directors.
- Full Name
- Company name
- Email address
- Additional data included by you in your message
Personal data of a user of My Director’s List form: when you choose to send yourself the list of directors that you created.
- Email address
4. How do we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with third party service providers (called ‘processors’) to perform certain processing activities on our behalf. We will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal data to third parties allowing them to use your personal information for their own purposes. We use third party service providers for website hosting, such as Superhost.pl, and third party providers for advertising such as Facebook, Instagram.
We conclude so-called ‘data processing agreements’ with all parties who process your personal information on our behalf, so that they are legally bound to keep your data confidential, to implement appropriate security measures, to notify us if the security of your data has been breached, and other obligations to protect your privacy.
Furthermore, we will release your personal data if so required by law, where necessary for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances must outweigh your privacy interests, which may include the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
5. How do we protect your information
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, technical, and organisational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We protect your personal information with a variety of security measures. This may include using secure registration forms, encryption of data, and restricting access to your personal data.
6. What are the retention periods
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required and justifiable or permitted by law. A few examples:
– Directors from our database. Personal data of Directors will be retained until the moment the Director will decide to delete talent profile, and one month after.
– When you reach out to us (including Recommendation form and My Director’s List form). If you decide to communicate with us, we will retain any personal information received for as long as necessary to handle your request, and insofar for the time that legally based claims connected with it can be made.
– Your subscription to our newsletter. If you signed up for our newsletter, all personal data which is processed for this purpose, will be retained until the moment you decide to unsubscribe. If you unsubscribe, we might retain your (e-mail) address and add it to a list of parties who unsubscribed. If that’s the case, this data will be retained for three months after you unsubscribed, solely for the purposes of indicating that you do not want to receive commercial communications.
7. How to access and control your personal data
You have the right to request to edit or erase certain information about you, but this may result in our site being less useful for you.
You can request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or erase personal data that you have previously provided to us, or request to receive an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org under mentioning of your name, (company) and address. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you want to opt-out of the newsletter, you will find an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every newsletter you get from us. Certain important emails may still be sent to you, for example about your profile.
If you have any complaints about the way we process your personal data, we are glad to help you out. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state where you are residing. A list of data protection authorities is available here.
8. Children’s personal data
We do not target children below 16 years old. We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children. We generally do not intend to collect personal data from and/or generally do not intentionally communicate with children. However, in case we need to communicate with a child, we will endeavor to give the parents or legal guardians a reasonable opportunity to consent before we use the personal information of the child, except where we merely answer the child’s question or service the child’s request.
9. International transfers of your personal data
You should be aware that the system of our website is hosted by a service provider located in Poland.
10. Cookies – what are cookies and how we use it
Cookies are little text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a web browser. Please note that we do not retain a cookie longer than necessary.
If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the website; however certain features of it may be limited.
We use two types of cookies:
|Functional cookies||These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf our website and use it’s functions. We might use these cookies for storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc. and reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen. We also use them to gather information about your directors’ lists – so that it is possible to send them the given e-mail address.|
|Analytical cookies||These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our website, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals.|
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being used.
Within your browser, you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Your browser should offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times. Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this.
11. Contact and company details
Please send us your questions and comments about privacy to email@example.com.
Register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register, maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under the KRS number 0000510846.
5 Przemyslowa Street
05-082 Blizne Laszczynskiego